Monday, October 1, 2007

Sam's Final DAC": Peace/Respect Iraq/America


The message I want to potray in this picture is to stop the War on Terror on Iraq. It is important because many horror's of war are happening right now. America is in Iraq for the wrong reasons. They should be trying to be at peace with Iraq instead of trying to make them fear the Americans. So what I did was I went to google and got some images that really explain the Iraq war. I then photoshoped the pictures and made them artwork. Afterwards I put three pictures into the one photo of this child that has been a victim of the war.

a) What changes did you make to the original images you used?

The original images that I used came from the internet. I went to Google and searched for images under the Iraq War. That is where I brought all of my images into Photoshop CS and worked on them. The things that I did were using the Artistic Tool which led me to the interesting ways that I portrayed these images. I also used Layer Mask where after I dragged and dropped the images then I added a layer down by the telescope tool and erased some of the image to make the whole picture blend in with everything.

b) What pleases you most about the technical quality of your work? Why?

I was pleased with quite a few things that I was thrilled with when I was using Photoshop. The thing that I am always pleased with was the artistic tool that I used to design my images. The Layer Mask was also a great way of designing my pictures effectively. This happened by adding the extra layer and using black to take out the parts of the picture that wouldn’t go with the rest of my final picture.

c) What displeases you most about the technical quality of your work? Why?

I found that my technical problems were with how I could modify my images better so they could stand out more. This was the only problem with the Artistic tool. It couldn’t make things perfect but I thought that it did a pretty good job.

d) What new techniques or skills did you learn through the completion of this activity?

I found out more about Layer Mask. I found that it gave me insight about how you can express yourself through technology.

e) What message did you hope to convey in your collage, if any?
My message that I wanted to leave the good people with was that the war in Iraq is the opposite of what the government should be doing these days. There are many more issues that should be worried about in life. We have been warned about these things, so why is their so much bloodshed and no progress?

f) What emotional response do you hope to elicit from your audience?
I want people to understand that in war there is no beauty or glory. We are faced with things that could be resolved but instead are complicated. Why this is happening? All I can say is look within yourself, what can you do? This is the question that needs to be answered. After that question is answered by as many people as possible, we can go through with preventing war from happening. This will lead to a new revolution; we will be a world with no fear but pride.

g) What changes would you make to improve on this image?

I would’ve probably made things a little less dramatic maybe. The picture at this point has made me feel like I went too far. After I pushing the envelop I found it wasn’t a suitable action but maybe I could’ve took it down a few notches.

4 comments:

jwoodley said...

nice work on your picture sam i can really see what you are trying to get at all teh war needs to stop

Matt C said...

I like your art because every thing seems to be blended together into one image. I also like the way each image can be looked at separately and how they each send their own message to the person who is viewing them.

Your art makes me feel sad for all the people that are suffering because of war’s that are in their country. But at the same time happy that there are people who are defending those who cannot defend themselves.

I don't understand why there are many spaces of darkness in you’re image; it makes some of them harder to see and understand what you are trying to say with the different images. I also don’t understand why some pieces of the image are cut and why some of the images overlap each other.

musselman said...

Yo! I really like the topic that you chose. It looks like you put a lot of time and energy into making this picture. The only suggestion I would have is to maybe make the images not so blurry so you can see them more clearly.

jmclaren said...

dude, i love how your picture immediately gives off this sense of darkness and despair. it speaks to me of desperation, and the feeling of being lost. I'm also glad that you are one of the few that i know that isn't overly enthusiastic about war. thanx for keepin the peace brother